ERAU Online Course: Understanding SMS - Feb-May 2022
14 February 2022
This 3-week, part-time virtual online course will prepare managers, entrepreneurs, and organizational members from the sharp end in aviation and other high risk / high consequence areas to understand what the intent of SMS is, why failures happen, and how to avoid them. The course concentrates on the theoretical underpinnings and the scientific discourse behind Safety Management Systems (including dedicated human factors elements), and the policies governing them.
Upon course completion, participants will be able to:
- Apply failure causation models in rational catastrophic imagination
- Integrate basic systems thinking in accident prevention
- Understand the influence of human factors, organizations, and culture in failure
- Develop risk mitigation approaches based and basic quantitative risk assessment
- Be cognizant of rules and policies in Safety Management Systems
This course is recognized by EAAP as a full course towards accreditation as aviation psychologist or human factors specialist. EAAP members will receive a 15% discount on the course fee.
For all details please refer to the course brochure below.
For questions, please contact the Embry-Riddle Europe Campus by email at .
- Course Brochure (PDF 201.4 kb)
More EAAP Recognised Courses:
- 23/9/2021 International Summer School on Aviation Psychology: 23-25 Sep 2021 (Online)
- 18/10/2021 EAAP recognised course: Understanding SMS - starting 18 Oct. 2021
- 14/2/2022 ERAU Online Course: Understanding SMS - Feb-May 2022
- 22/3/2022 PACDEFF - Hybrid Conference - 22-23 March 2021 - Coogee Beach, Sydney, Australia
- 20/4/2022 HFES, Europe Chapter, Annual Meeting: 20-22 Apr 2022 (Liverpool, UK)