EAAP recognised course: Understanding SMS - starting 18 Oct. 2021
18 October 2021
This 3-week, part-time online course will prepare managers, entrepreneurs, aviation psychologists, and organizational members from the sharp end in aviation and other high risk / high consequence areas to understand what the intent of SMS is, why failures happen, and ideally how to avoid them. The course concentrates on the theoretic underpinnings and the scientific discourse behind Safety Management Systems (SMS), and the policies governing it. Participants should expect a workload of 6 hours per week.
This is an asynchronous online, instructor-facilitated course. Individual live-interaction with instructors via Zoom is available during scheduled office hours and upon student request. The course must be completed by its scheduled end date. Digital certificates are available upon successful completion of the required discussion posts, in which students will demonstrate the learned concepts, methods, and techniques.
To register please visit www.enrole.com/erau/jsp/course.jsp?categoryId=71DDDB00&courseId=EUR-1005
A recording of the Course Info Webinar can be viewed here (forward to minute 32):
Please find dates and all details in the course brochure below.
For questions or additional information, please contact the Embry-Riddle Europe Campus in Frankfurt, Germany: or +4915206522400
- Course Brochure (PDF 188.6 kb)
More EAAP Recognised Courses:
- 29/8/2021 AsMA Annual Scientific Meeting: 29 Aug - 2 Sep 2021 (Denver, US)
- 23/9/2021 International Summer School on Aviation Psychology: 23-25 Sep 2021 (Online)
- 18/10/2021 EAAP recognised course: Understanding SMS - starting 18 Oct. 2021
- 20/4/2022 HFES, Europe Chapter, Annual Meeting: 20-22 Apr 2022 (Liverpool, UK)
- 1/5/2022 Initial Human Factors in Flight Safety - postponed to 2022